9.07.2009

I win! Only slightly though.

Two weeks ago I got a bill from the place that had inserted my IUD. It was for $265.92. I figured they just didn't get my insurance money yet and by the time I went in last Monday for my check up, all would be okay.

Yeah... no. They made me pay the $265.92 before I could see the doctor. I questioned the bill and she tried to explain it to me, but something wasn't right and the office manager wasn't in.

So I tried to call last Monday afternoon when the office manager was supposed to be in. No luck. I left a message for her to call me. No call. Tuesday - No call.

Last Wednesday I decided to do a little more digging and called my insurance company. Hmmm... insurance company did not like what I had to tell them and wanted me to submit my receipts as it seemed as though the office was "double dipping."

I gave the office one last chance. No office manager again, but miraculously when I said I had called my insurance and they agreed something was wrong the lady promised I would have a phone call by Thursday afternoon.

Not 15 minutes after I had hung up with them (and this was on Wednesday) I got a return phone call that they had just made a silly little mistake. Yeah. Silly. Little. Mistake. To the tune of $265.92. If I would have not paid that amount to the doctor's office they would have surely sent me to collections. Awesome.

I don't know what really happened, and I hate to accuse them of anything since I don't really KNOW. BUT, it seems really crazy that I had to call multiple times to get anyone to listen to me and if I had not I would have been out the money. Think how many times you just accept a doctor's bill without questioning the amount and end up just giving them extra money.

Not cool at all.

But this time, and maybe only this time, but this time *I* win. Yay!

*hugs and kisses*
mj

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails