4.13.2009

Day THREE post op

Saturday night was good.  I took a percocet because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep.  I ended up sleeping like a baby.  I didn't even try to roll onto my stomach!  Success!

Sunday we tried to get my ugly cotton bras on.  Guess what?  They didn't fit.  Oops.  I felt bad sending Josh to try to find them, so I went with him!  We walked around Walmart a little (that was where I got the original bras).  It felt good to be out and about already, but the car ride was not fun.  All those bumps in the road.  Ow. Ow. Ow.   

I did get another birdie bath from Josh.  This time though I had all the bandages off.  I'm not going to lie.  I almost passed out looking at the incisions.  They aren't bad, but everything just feels off.  My skin is more taunt between my breasts, the liposuctioned all my side boobage, my nipples have stitches all around them.  *gag*  Josh was SUCH a good sport though and helped me a ton.  He didn't even make a gross face when seeing them.  

I took tylenol every 4 hours and put ice on occasionally for 20 mins each time.  Things felt pretty good actually.  We had one visitor who stopped by with this     .  My favorite color is ORANGE and she found all ORANGE candy for me.  How awesome!!  

And speaking of gifts, we did have a visitor on Saturday, but I was sleeping.  They brought over these awesome flowers and balloon!  
I LOVE the orange vase.  His favorite color is orange too,  and it was our mutual love of this and good music that bonded us.  :-P

So later Sunday evening we got a phone call and it was another friend and his girlfriend.  He lives close and they were heading to Rita's, and they offered to grab some for us.  I wasn't in the mood, but Josh got one.  They stayed for a bit and hung out with us.  It is definitely much nicer this surgery without taking the pain meds.  They make me all woosy and tired.  This time I am feeling really good and alert!

I want to stop pretending to be super woman and tell you the bad things going on from this surgery.  I had some sort of allergic reaction in the hospital.  I had a weird rash on my body and was itchy.  No one knows exactly what caused it though.  Hmmmm... 

Having the drains pulled is still making me feel pukey if I think about it.  Ugh.

I also am having a vision problem.  No seriously.  I wear contacts/glasses to see far away, but I have NO close up vision problems.  Well Sunday I noticed I couldn't see my laptop screen, my cell phone screen or read a book.  Somehow my perfectly normal near sighted vision was gone.  Hmmm... not good.  After talking to my mom, some girls who have some med knowledge I found it is it a rare, but known side effect of the anti nausea patch Trans Sopolamine. 

I took the patch off this morning and it seems like things are getting slightly better.  Not cool that it happened.  So weird.

Also, my uvula is all swollen.  That's apparently from the intubation tube.  Someone was a little rough with it at some point.  Chloroseptic is my friend.

I slept really well again last night.  Josh did wake me up to take my tylenol, but I always fell right back to sleep.  Since Josh had taken the day off, we just kind of vegged around a lot.  I took a shower today all by myself!  It hurt a little and felt odd, but I washed my hair, shaved, etc.  It took a little longer, but it wasn't too bad!

The only real pain I feel is like a quick pain.  Sort of like if your foot falls asleep and then when you wake it back up you get those pins and needles.  Yeah.  That is what my boobs occasionally feel like.  My liposuctioned side boobs still hurt, but I look fantastic.  Well at least I think so.  

Honestly, I thought they looked too small, but they don't, they just look very proportionate.  The downside is my stomach looks bigger.  I'll work on that after this recovery though!  Oh, and fully swollen (well I guess I'm swollen.  I don't feel swollen, and I have NO bruising.) I am down 2 inches bust wise.  I went from 43 1/2" to 41 1/2".  I was hoping to be under 40" but we'll see what I can do once I'm healed.  

So here is what people want to see I'm sure.  Some before and afters together.  Before picture is in the "real" bra and the after is in the front hook job.  Enjoy!!





*hugs and kisses*
mj

3 comments:

Angel said...

Looks great! I can't wait to be in your shoes....I mean bra??? :) Keep up the great healing!

Sarah said...

Looks like you're making great progress, even in such a short time! Get lots of rest, we're (the nesties) thinking of you :-)

(sarahlindsay)

Insomniac said...

"they just look very proportionate. The downside is my stomach looks bigger. "

lol - Welcome to my world. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails