8.27.2009

NOT what I expected (another TMI one - no pictures though)

Birth control = lack of babies = yay!

Hormonal birth control = lack of babies = yay!

NON hormonal birth control = lack of babies AND lack of additional hormones in my body = yay yay!

OR so I thought.

The IUD was inserted on July 30th. This past Saturday my period began. I wasn't expecting it yet. I didn't discover it (I'm leaving that to your imagination, but sorry husband).

Not much bleeding on Sunday so I assumed success on my continued short, sweet, harmless periods.

But Monday morning rolled around AND THEN THE FREAKING FLOOD GATES OPENED. I THINK I'M SLOWLY BLEEDING TO DEATH. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I'M KIDDING.

I have NEVER had a period this long, this painful, this... plentiful. PLEASE POWERS THAT BE, MAKE.IT.STOP.

It's Thursday currently. I am in pain. I can't seem to stop bleeding, and bleeding a lot. It's also normally a darker maroon color ( I told you this one was TMI ) and right now it's bright freaking red.

I've asked some people on a message board and apparently this is quite normal for the first 3-4 months of periods on the paragard. Some suggested the Mirena (which has hormones and keeps you from getting your period while you have it in for most people), but that defeats my purpose of trying to no longer use hormones.

So only 3 ish more weeks of this (not all together, but spread out over the course of the next few month) and hopefully things will get back on track.

Remind me of this when and if this period ends, I don't die, and another period from hell begins.

All this to NOT have to go through with having a child. Maybe it is worth it.

*hugs and kisses*
mj

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails