5.23.2009

Nik the Nikon

Follow up to yesterday's post about my amazingly awesome birthday present.  Here are some of Nik's first pictures.  (FYI - Nik is a girl.)








So the above pictures are my first attempt at figuring out how to find my subject and focus on either the foreground or the background.  I used my tulip buds and that pink flowering thing behind it as subjects (lol - can you tell I'm not much of a flower person).  Yes I am being a total camera novice about this whole thing.  


These two pictures are showing the difference between 18mm (top) 
and 55mm (bottom).
The lens is an 18-55mm VR, so this is it's range.
I took both pictures staying in the same spot.

To the left is my accessory kit with tripod, screen protectors, cleaners, a CD for lost pictures, etc.
To the right is the extra two batteries and sweet charger that plugs directly into the wall with NO LONG CABLES, OR plugs into a car to charge.  Awesome!!

Finally here is my first person subject Josh.  I really think I need to take a class on how to use this camera to it's full potential, but this was day one of picture taking, so I'm not too upset.

So today I am really going to test the camera out.  We are guests at a friend's wedding!  Three years ago this July is when OTHER friends got their D40 and practiced tons of picture taking at OUR wedding.  Lol.  It's a thing.  

I promise to post some pictures hopefully later of the wedding!!

*hugs and kisses*
mj

1 comment:

Angel said...

I'm super jealous of your relationship with Nik. I would love a new camera, a photography class, and all of the goodies that go along with it. Unfortunately, it's not in the cards right now. Have fun with it and we look forward to seeing lots of pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails