3.05.2009

And so it starts...

Today was completely and utterly uneventful in terms of what I needed to do.  I did however have some GREAT conversations with some friend's online and some heart warming compliments *hugs to my friends*!! 

I ALSO heard from my college roommate D! (This is my name for her because I used to screech "D!" all the time to her instead of saying her name.  She loves me though!!) who is going to plan a trip to VISIT.  OMG, this is so amazing and exciting.  I miss her oh so much.  

I made some plans with a friend to head to the gym with her tomorrow.  I'm so nervous/excited.  It will be my first time working out besides my lovely walk yesterday.  She ALSO told me to chronicle her weight loss on here.  She joined WW last night and we are going to try to get to the gym together.  Let's all wish her luck in her new adventure!!

Tonight started the busy weekend for us though.  We met some friends for dinner at the Harp and Fiddle.  I had the Shrimp and Red Pepper Bisque: "a rich and creamy red pepper bisque with fresh shrimp."  Ummm... not sure if they meant "fresh shrimp" or "pureed shrimp" because my soup was kind of a gritty consistency with NO chunks of anything in it.  It tasted okay, a little spicy, but the texture was just off to me.  Eh, I can't eat much anyways so the 1/2 of a cup of soup was fine.

Josh got the Carne Tortilla Salad: "Marinated Carne Asada steak grilled to your liking, served with red onions, roasted yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, tri-color tortilla strips, Southwest Salsa over mixed greens and chipotle ranch dressing."  Now Josh loves spicy food (suicide wings anyone?) and dumped the chipotle ranch dressing all over his salad.  It looked to me like his last few bites were painful (and he was sweating).  The dressing was TOO hot.  I took a LITTLE taste and my mouth burned for like a minute.  Not even great flavor, just HOT.  Hmmm...

I didn't even take pictures because the food was uneventful.  I guess it's our fault as this is an IRISH pub.  I normally get their Bangers and Mash, but since I can't eat anything not creamy yet, that wasn't in the cards.  Josh is just on a salad kick lately.  Oops.  Guess we'll keep that in mind for next time. 

So tomorrow night is our homemade sushi night.  I got an email tonight from the couple organizing this little shindig.  Our friend stopped at Wegman's in Maryland on his way home from the airport tonight.  We've yet to find good sushi grade materials here in York.  This is what we have to work with tomorrow night.

"We have tuna, salmon, smoked salmon, crab, shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, wasabi, chili powder, Thai sauce, rice, seaweed and some other very special goodies. 

 - Appetizers will include some brie/capers/smoked salmon and crackers."

I'm so excited.  Well I can't eat it really, but it will be fun!!  *sigh*  If all goes according to plan I will be photographing and documenting this step by step.  Check back late this weekend to see the results.

Saturday morning EARLY we are leaving to head to my parent's house for my "little" brother's 15th birthday.  

We'll be back sometime on Sunday so except for a short update tomorrow I may not check back in until Sunday.

Have a good Friday and weekend everyone!!

*hugs and kisses* 

mj

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails