2.18.2009

Day 5 post op

Not doing as well as I was.  Boo.  I stopped the percocet yesterday and didn't sleep at all last night really.  I'm not in pain, I'm uncomfortable.  I can't explain it really.  I thought stopping the prescription drugs and just taking Tylenol would be better since I wasn't in pain.  It wasn't.  When I called my mom today she told me that my perception of pain may be different and just take the percocet and stop being silly about it.

Guess who is back to being woozy?  Me!!

Tomorrow I see Dr. Prats for a follow up.  If he doesn't let me expand my diet to something else I swear I'm going to have a meltdown.  I sucked on an M&M today.  I spit it out and didn't swallow.  I'm serious.  I am dying to just chew some real food and  if I was allowed I would promise to spit it out!  

I've lost another 1.5 lbs since yesterday.  Just the smell of chicken broth - oh forget it, just the THOUGHT of chicken broth *gag* makes me want to *gag* throw up.  Seriously.  I'm not sure where all this weight is coming off of.  I don't feel any skinnier, just bloated and puffy from not being able to DO anything.

I'm hoping tomorrow I will be told I can have some milk.  That's all I want.  A tall cold glass of creamy white milk.  My stomach just moaned while I was typing that.

Yes I realize it is less than a week after the surgery and I should be thankful I'm not in pain.  And I am.  But I am going stir crazy and food crazy and I have at least another week or so before I can try to get back to a semi normal routine.  

Oh, and when they said that most people that have any type of surgery in the area I had it have some diarrhea afterwards due to the irritation of the vagus nerve.  THEY WEREN'T KIDDING.  Yes that was TMI, this whole blog may be TMI at one point or another.  I could give more details, but not now as it may make me nauseous.

*hugs and kisses*
mj

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails